Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This is not a Thanksgiving post.

Just wanted to make that clear from the get-go. Yes, turkey day was like 2 weeks ago. My bad.

But no, this is a rant about soup. Canned soup. Campbell's canned soup, to be exact.

The thing about Campbell's that bugs me is that Campbell's always tastes like Campbell's...in other words, all of their (broth-based condensed soups, at least) taste exactly the same. Is this a bad thing? Well...it's not a good thing, let me put it that way. Give me some variety! Chicken Noodle, Chicken with Rice, Chicken with Stars...one soup, different filler. Whatever. Not like I ever eat them, so I really don't care.

However. They now have this new "Taste Sensations" line, including a Won Ton variety. Now, we know how I feel about soup, Asian soup in particular...I can eat it all.day.long. So obviously I had to try it.



Hmm. Turns out I could have just eaten a can of Chicken Noodle; it tastes exactly the same. Even the 'wontons' were just little pasta pillows-thick and virtually empty. Bleh. On the upside, a whole can is only 125 calories. And I like eating entire cans of things.

Just in case anyone has seen this line and was curious...it's what I'm here for.

-posted out of laziness from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment