Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween Cocktail Challenge

Oh, so many things to say. So many half finished blogs to post. So much going on in my head that this full time mom and part time employee and part time employer and full time stresscase has to just get down on paper. Keys. whatever.

So what gets me to actually log on and post something? Booze. Obvs.

I posted this challenge on Facebook last week, but here it is again:

Got a killer Halloween inspired cocktail you want to share? I want to hear them! Bonus points if you concocted it yourself, but if you got it from somewhere, that's cool, too. Just make sure and credit the source in your entry.

The three my panel of judges decide are the best will be posted for all y'all to sample yourselves.

Which reminds me. I need a panel of judges. Email me for deets if you want in, whether it's at my house or at your own...

My hubby just asked what the winner gets. Um, drunk. Duh.

I've got three strong (heh) contenders already. Whatcha got?

3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking some similar to the Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte but with booze!

    Pumpkin Spice Latte Martini:

    1 1/2 parts vanilla vodka
    1 part Kahlua
    1 part pumpkin infused milk (canned pumpkin, milk, sugar)
    Garnish with pumpkin pie spice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's what I posted on Facebook:

    We made a drink that we called "Shut up and drink, A. K. A. Captain Mom". Now I know this name is a tad ridiculous, however we came up with it one night several drinks deep :)

    -1 1/2 shots apple vodka (We infuse our own. Buy some really good apples, slice them up, let them sit in some vodka for about four days, drain, and viola).
    -1/2 shot butterscotch schnapps
    -1/2 shot half and half
    -squirt of caramel sauce
    -shaken and served up martini style with whipped cream and caramel garnish

    It's amazeballs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Jess' entry disqualifies either Jess or me from being judges, so here's another. While its not particularly holloweenie, it reminds me of autumn.
    Liquid Bourbon Ball
    2oz Knob Creek Bourbon (or other of decent quality)
    1oz Clear Creme de Cacao
    1/4oz Hazelnut Liqueur
    Stir with Ice to chill and strain into martini glass
    garnish with shaved chocolate

    ReplyDelete