Saturday, December 6, 2014

Need a party app?

It's early December, which means it's prime holiday party time.

Need a dish? Here you go. My sister likes to call this sort of thing "naughty." I call it delicious, and no one says you need to eat the whole damn thing. If you did, however, I wouldn't call you naughty (not to your face, anyway.) I would say you have excellent taste, however.

Served with triscuits and wheat thins (both the low-fat variety), and I couldn't decide which was better. Maybe try with both? There's plenty to go around. Please don't eat this by yourself. I don't care what I implied before.

You need to cook it on whatever you're going to serve it on. I didn't have anything spectacular, just a small baking dish, so I used that. (RE: CHRISTMAS HINT????) 

Enjoy! 

 

Baked Feta with Pine Nuts and Honey
(From a popsugar recipe)

One 8 oz block feta
Olive oil
Honey (I used organic alfalfa honey, but any kind would work)
1/4-1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
A handful cleaned mint leaves, minced (A tbsp or so)
Zest from one orange (about a tsp or so?)

Preheat oven to 400.

Place feta block on an oven-safe serving tray (or whatever you have that's reasonably pretty). 

Drizzle with olive oil. Maybe a tbsp? Enough to cover lightly. Throw it in the oven and cook about 10 minutes or until soft. 

Remove, and change oven to broil. Make sure there's a grill close to the top (broil area). 

Pour or spoon about 2 tbsp of honey (again, enough to cover) over the feta. Stick back in oven under the broiler for 3 minutes (keep an eye on it. Less if it looks like it's going to burn). 

Sprinkle the pine nuts, orange peel, and mint. Serve with crackers. Don't eat it all. (Or do. I'm at capacity on disclaimers.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment