Friday, March 18, 2011

The unluck of the non-Irish

As we know, I'm a mutt. There's some Irish in these veins, I'm sure, but I can't prove it other than my affinity for pint glasses and Mumford & Sons. And, you know, they're British, so...

Either way, Hubby and I like St. Paddy's Day. Mostly cause we have an excuse to eat and drink in excess (see Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, Birthdays, Arbor Day) and cook a themed meal. So it was a bit of a disappointment to not get to celebrate at all this year. He's had non-changeable plans all week, so there has been no good excuse to spend the time cooking. And let's face it, St. Patrick's Day cooking isn't exactly something Rachael Ray could concoct in one episode...I like to make Corned Beef and Cabbage, serve some Black and Tans, and basically just act like fat kids looking for an excuse to be drunk....hmm. I swear it's less like every other weekend than it sounds.


And so I'll leave this oh so drunken, wish-I-were-more-Irish holiday to the pros. Let me point you back in the direction of my favorite fellow central cali'an Jessica. Homegirl knows how to rock a shamrock, so I'm going to invite you to join me in living vicariously through her...

The Wearing of the Shamrock

The Irish eyes are smiling, doll, and they're saying the next holiday is one we need to celebrate together. Let's make something happen :)


3 comments:

  1. You're the sweetest. You, me, Arbor Day 2011. It'll be epic.

    Or maybe we can just catch a "Mumford & Sons" show. I'll bang out an English meal to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all excited two years ago and cooked the traditional corned beef, cabbage and potatoes and was soooo not a fan.....something about the texture of the meat threw me off. Is it just me????

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS.....loving the Mumford and Sons at the moment!

    ReplyDelete