Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I promised.

Every time I pass the portabellas at the grocery store, I pause and try to figure out how to get away with adding them to my dinner plans—especially if I'm already wanting to grill.

They're just so versatile...as long as I start with tomatoes and garlic, I've found you pretty much can't go wrong. Plus, they take like 10 minutes total. Especially if you cheat and buy pre-diced tomato.


Stuffed Ports
About a cup diced tomato
A couple tbsp chopped chives
1 tsp or so fresh thyme
1 tbsp or bacon pieces (the bottled kind)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp of so goat cheese
Splash olive oil
Splash balsamic vinegar
S&P to taste
2 portabella mushrooms, gills and stem gently removed
Olive oil
Balsamic
Low sodium soy sauce

You know the drill. Mix tomato through salt and pepper.

Place mushrooms in shallow bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, vinegar and soy. Turn to coat.

On a hot grill, cook over high, gill side down, about 4 minute. Brush with some of the remaining marinade. Turn over, brush that side.

Carefully spoon in tomato mix. Grill another 5 minutes. Serve hot.


-posted out of laziness from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment