Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's getting out of hand here.

Two more bake sale options for you this week...I volunteered to take some cookies to a picnic this weekend (and I don't buy things for potlucks unless I'm forced to) plus I have a very pregnant girlfriend who has moved past her ice cream addiction and onto cookies in her last few weeks, so I figured I'd kill two birds and bake enough for both.

You can substitute regular chocolate chips for the butterscotch if you want, and use whatever granola you like (including with fruit/nuts). Just keep the pieces small.


Granola Butterscotch Cookies
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temp
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup granola, small pieces (I used Quaker natural granola with almonds)
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

In small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.

In large bowl, combine sugar, butter and vanilla, and mix well until creamy. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture a bit at a time until combined. Stir in granola and chips.

Drop by small spoonful (or fingers) onto cookie sheet. Should make about two dozen.

Bake at 350 for about 12 min or just turning golden. Cool a bit and move to wire rack. Store in Tupperware or ziplock.

No comments:

Post a Comment