Friday, March 16, 2012

Oh god, I'm a mother who bakes.

To be honest, I mostly decided to make banana bread because when I mentioned it would be a good use of some old bananas, my mom snorted a little and claimed I wouldn't do it. Don't dare me, Ma. I'll do it.

The rest of the reason was that my man Lil' E (his gangsta name) was sound asleep and I was dying to get off the couch and do something different. Plus, I have a gorgeous new oven and hadn't gotten to use it yet.


This is pretty much the easiest banana bread ever, by the way. Throw it all in at once, mix, and cook. Which, as we know, is really the only way to do it in my book.


Banana Bread
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1.5 cups flour
1/4tsp salt
1tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup walnut pieces

Heat oven to 350.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until just mixed. Pour into greased bread pan and cook for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.

Let cool before removing from pan and slicing.

-posted out of laziness from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment