Saturday, October 24, 2009

I get excited about more than just food.

I have reverted to childhood.

The husband, my gorgeous girlfriend (The Russian), her fabulous other half and I are going to Disneyland tomorrow and I am jump-up-and-down-squealing-little-kid-excited about it.

I grew up a little more than an hour away from the Happiest Place on Earth, and my parents took us quite a bit...I feel like we went nearly every year or two. My dad even won free entrance at the gate once for being the 100 millionth guest or something...I don't remember exactly, maybe it was their 45 year anniversary celebration, which would have been 1990...I was 9, who knows.

I know Disneyland isn't everyone's favorite, especially if you're over the age of 12 and/or childless. But OMG, it's mine. It's so nostalgic and warm and fuzzy...being in Peter Pan's boat flying over Neverland seriously brings me back to being an amazed little one. It's so clean, there's so much to see and remember, and nowadays, new things that they've incorporated to update the place a bit. Love. Seriously.

Anyway, after high school Grad Night in '99, I didn't go again until 2005, when the husband-then-boyfriend took me for my birthday. And we've(I've) been wanting an excuse to go back ever since. So when the Russian and I recently discovered our mutual fondness for Disneyland-after 9 years of friendship, how we didn't know this is beyond me-the wheels started turning and we're finally making it happen. And seriously, the Russian and the other half are always so entertaining no matter what we're doing..I can't wait.

I'm seriously not going to be able to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment