Thursday, October 29, 2009

Soooo meaty.

I'm totally getting into this whole cold day, warm food thing. It's fabulous. And I'm trying to get my fill this week since the high for Sunday is projected at 81, which means I'll be back to trying my best to not overheat the kitchen this weekend. Where do I live??

But for now, it's in the mid 60s, which makes it a great time to break out the crock pot. It doesn't honestly get much use in my house...corned beef in March, chili a couple times a year, but other than that, its primary job is to take up a large amount of space in our bakeware cabinet.

Pot Roast, being a giant mass of beef, isn't usually something I go for, but once a year or so, especially when the weather's like this, it just sounds good. And what's easier than throwing one in a crock pot? The house smells awesome when you get home, and when you're ready to eat, you don't have to do much but cut it (pull it apart, actually, if it's done right). Make a salad, and you're done.

I like to make it all the night before, arrange it in the inner crock pot, cover it tightly with seran wrap, and stick it in the fridge. If you're more of a morning person than I am, you can do it all before work or whatever. I'm a fan of getting up 50 minutes before I have to be at my desk. Plugging the crock pot in is about all I can handle. Which explains why I can't even curl my hair most of the time.

I am so looking forward to tonight.

1 comment: