Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dessert's the best part anyway.

Roma's Pecan Pie*
1 cup Karo® Syrup
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
6 oz bag of pecans (chop roughly)
1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust (you can get the frozen or refrigerated kinds)

Mix syrup through pecans. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Quickly cover exposed pie crust with strips of aluminum foil (so they don't overbrown), and let bake for another 40 minutes. Let cool at least 2 hours.

*This is my grandma's prize-winning pecan pie. Which she stole from the back of the Karo syrup bottle. Awesome. I added a hint more vanilla, cause I love it, and I may have added a dash of cinnamon...I don't remember. But I was throwing cinnamon in everything this weekend, so I suspect so. Oh, and I substituted Karo Lite syrup. And no one knew. Shhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment