Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm the hyperbole queen.

I may have stumbled across today's best thing ever.

I never was taught how to diagram a sentence, but I know when something's wrong with it. Blogging doesn't count. This-and often at work when I'm writing copy-is where I can write conversationally. Incorrect, formally speaking? Usually. More entertaining? I hope so. I know better. I just choose to write how I think. But I still get tripped up on things, and that's where Google comes in. And that is how, following a lead to check my grammar on something, I found my new favorite blog.

Why? Cause it was made for me. Just read this paragraph I found:

"P.S. You may find it amusing to know that I, like David Ogilvy, have never learned the formal rules of grammar. I learned to write by reading obsessively at an early age, but when it came time to learn the “rules,” I tuned out. If you show me an incorrect sentence, I can fix it, but if I need to know the technical reason why it was wrong in the first place, I go ask my wife."

Me. Too. Just replace "wife" with "mom" or "google," add a couple years of formal writing classes in college, and that's me (sort-of?). I'm such an advertising nerd. Also a fan of sharing the left field thoughts that come out of my head. You're welcome.

http://www.copyblogger.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment