Friday, January 8, 2010

...and she's just my type.

I've been Miss Artsy Fartsy lately. I don't know if it's cause I've been trying a lot of new dinners lately and I've been inspired, or cause I'm totally brainblocked on a design for work, but I'm all about interesting things to do for home decor this week.

Thanks to my other dad, I had gift certificates for Bed Bath & Beyond and World Market to spend, which has been awesome in a monster way. I've been searching forever for a decent coat rack online, and finally found one. (which was assembled late last night after one too many kamikaze shots. Me=zero patience.).

I tackled a charcoal Zen series (two down, two to go). I devised a somewhat brilliant plan to organize/display my spices (I'll share when it's done, but it involves a chemical supply store.). And I decided to finally paint a wall. But when exactly is TBD.

Paint samples are going to be the death of me, let me tell you. But look at this amazing wall I found on Design*Sponge. Holy crap, I'm in love with it. They used two finishes in the same color (matte and gloss) to make a pattern, and it's fabulous. I've already decided to do different sized circles, it's just the color I have to figure out. And I'm armed with about a million samples to weed through. Should be fun.

Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment