Sunday, January 3, 2010

Too bad I don't even like breakfast.

I hope he's hungry.

And more so I can remember next time I'm in a giving mood...since I hardly ever get breakfast right...I present Fat Kid Breakfast. Serve and be loved. No, I didn't eat any. Even if I could...I'm good, thanks. I'm not running a farm, so I'm not really needing that sort of ridiculousness. Besides, that's what leftover Posole is for. (Fabulous the next day, btw. Received a "pretty damn good" from the hubby.)

Fat Kid Breakfast
Couple slices bacon
2 Eggs over Medium
Big scoop Hash Browns
Couple scoops Country Gravy (below) over Bisquick biscuits (use recipe on box)

What to do:
Preheat oven to 450. Make biscuits, prepare them for the oven.

Make bacon. As you pan fry it, save the grease between each batch in a glass cup. Place the bacon between pieces of paper towel and cover to keep warm. When the bacon is done, pour just a bit of grease in the pans you'll use for the eggs and hash browns.

Start the hash browns. Put biscuits in oven for 8-9 minutes. Follow the directions on the bag for the potatoes, but if you use less oil than it calls for, you have to cook it quite a bit longer than it says. Cover when done to keep warm. When biscuits are done, let sit on a baking rack til you need them.

While the potatoes and biscuits cook, make gravy (Thanks to Paula Deen and my Father-in-Law for help with this one): return the rest of the grease (mine was a little less than 1/4 cup) to the pan over medium heat. Whisk in about 3 tbsp Bisquick mix(or flour). Whisk for about a minute as it gets bubbly. Slowly whisk in 1.5 cups milk. Keep mixing as it comes back to a boil, reduce heat to low, and keep whisking til the thickness you like (about 5 min or so). Add 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper or to taste. Cover to keep warm as you make eggs. He's a fried egg guy, so I went that route. Serve. Eat if desired. He says it was good...I believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment