Monday, June 7, 2010

Server not found.

Dude. Brighthouse. You=Fail.

Not having internet is so not ok. Especially when you pay roughly a buck a day to use said internet. They somehow didn't include it in our digital package, so after I finally got on the phone and through their phone tree (don't tell me I can use a normal speaking voice when you don't recognize me saying "no") I got it added. Turned on the computer, excitedly opened Firefox, and...nothing.

So I got to spend last night on the phone chatting with support techs. No less than three calls later, I gave up, figuring I'd be less grouchy (bitchy) today. Cause I may have been less than kind to the poor 15 yr old at tech support that at one point told me how to spell the word run. As in: "Type the word run"
"Run? Ok..."
"Run. R-U-"
"(hissss) I know how to spell it. I wanted to make sure you said it."

And still. After all that fun. Noth.ing. So I called today. And after an hour, answering the exact same questions and taking the exact same I'm-going-to-effing-kill-someone tone, I got my answer. I needed a new modem.

Really??? I could have told you that halfway through the first support call, jackass.

I wish I could adequately depict the size of my eyeroll. It almost hurt.

I'll have internet sometime between 2 and 3 pm on Wednesday. I'd be excited, but I'm far too busy making disgusted noises and doing an eye roll that would inspire a pre-teen. Cause I'm mature like that.


Told you. Sorry, mom. I believe that was halfway through the 3rd call. Utterly deserved.

-posted out of laziness from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment