Monday, June 14, 2010

Two daring cooks are better than one.

It's that time of the month again. Which, hmmm. I shouldn't phrase it like that...sooo... specifically, it's the 14th, so it's Daring Cook time.

This month's challenge? Pate. Yes, the liver based mushy meatloaf stuff that, if ever offered, you probably refuse to try. Even hubby made quite the face when I told him, and he'll eat cow tongue all day long.

I've had it, though, both rabbit and chicken, and it's really pretty good. So I won't say I was stoked to make it, but I wasn't icked out, either.

And since I just so happen to be staying with my fellow Darer (?) this month, Parallel and I decided become expert pate chefs together.

I'm not sure if that's technically allowed, however (there are rules about these things, you know), so we made two kinds. The problem, however, was that apparently liver of any kind can't be purchased on a Sunday in Buffalo. Sooo we opted for the veggie option, and then got creative and made up our own veggie recipe for the second. I'll post both when I can get to a computer, cause look how fancy schmancy we were. Would make for good party food, definitely.





And since the cooking challenge for the month cheated and also asked us to bake, Parallel and I defiantly baked the easiest bread I know. I'm assuming pate would go better with the homemade baguettes they recommended, but eh. Over it. Beer bread is more fun. Not even close to gluten free, but...

The mandatory part:our hostesses this month, Evelyne of Cheap Ethnic Eatz, and Valerie of The Chocolate Bunny, chose delicious pate with freshly baked bread as their June Daring Cook's challenge! They've provided us with 4 different pate recipes to choose from and are allowing us to go wild with our homemade bread choice.

And here it is:





Beer bread
3 cups flour
1tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 bottle of beer
(the darker the better)
1 tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix dry ingredients, add beer. Mix well. Spread into a loaf pan. Bake 50 minutes. Brush butter over loaf. Cook an additional 5 minutes.

-posted out of laziness from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment