Monday, June 7, 2010

Chicken Pasta with Chives and Capers

So, I've cooked exactly twice since we moved in. Between being busy with faux-homeowner stuff and not having any internet, I just haven't been in the mood to cook anything worth sharing. I'm working on it.

Although. Both meals were fairly awesome, I have to say. And so, here we go.


We've been trying to up the fiber in our diets, so veggies are an easy way to start. Enter zucchini ribbons. Add brown rice pasta to this Cooking Light Summer Chicken Salad with Herbs, and ta-dow. 4 grams a plate. Well...it's a start. (that's nothing, really, I'm aiming for closer to 30 a day. I read a fascinating article about bushmen and fiber and now I'm obsessed. No need to watch the video, btw. The freeze frame is awesome in itself.)

I'm actually surprised this recipe didn't call for pasta...it was pretty odd on its own. I used all white chicken (pre-cooked from the devil's market-aka F&E), and less than it called for, so that could be it. Either way, it was something new and tasty.

12oz cooked chicken, cooled and cubed
About 2-3 tbsp capers
3 servings pasta, cooked and cooled
About half a package chives, chopped (1/4 cup or less)
Fresh thyme leaves, about a 1/2 tbsp
fresh oregano, chopped, about a 1/2 tbsp
Zest of one lemon
Juice from half a lemon
Olive oil, about a tbsp
2 garlic cloves, minced
About 3 tbsp white wine vinegar (or mix vinegar and white wine, if you're me)
Salt and pepper to taste

In large bowl, mix chicken, capers and pasta. In smaller bowl, mix everything else. Pour over chicken and toss well.

Serves 3 (dinner and lunch the next day!)
About 375 cals, 6g fat


-posted out of laziness from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment