Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another oldie but goodie

Or is it Oldy but Goody? Hmmm. I don't know that I've ever seen it singular...it would make sense, but...Ohhhh, English, you evil beast.

(Sometimes I get sidetracked. Sorry, I'm watching Jeff and Britta make out...and possibly Joel McHale's ever expanding pecs. Man, I love May Sweeps.)

The point, finally, is that I love recipes you learned from a parent. You've eaten them since you can remember, you learned how to make them when you were little, and you adjusted them to suit you once you were old enough to know what you liked, aka college.

This is one of those. Chicken Divan. I really should have had my sister guest blog this one, cause she makes a fabulous one, but...I just now thought of the idea. Next time, baby sis. Mine's not so bad either...

Chicken Divan
12oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
About 2 small heads broccoli, cut in small pieces (3-4 cups)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (low sodium is fine)
About 2 tbsp light mayo
1/3 cup 1% milk
salt and pepper to taste
About 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar or Mexican cheese blend cheese

Heat over to 400.

Boil water and a pinch of salt in a medium pot. Add broccoli, boil about 3 minutes, drain.

In medium bowl, mix soup, mayo, milk, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.

Coat a casserole dish lightly with cooking spray, spread chicken out. Spread broccoli over chicken. Pour soup mix over everything. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a little brown and bubbly.

Serve alone or over rice.

1 comment:

  1. This looks good and easy, my favorite cooking combo, I'm going to have to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete