Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm exhausted.

We have been machines this weekend. The in-laws have a rental house here in town, which has recently been vacated by what appear to be a family of cracked out warthogs...I don't know how people live like that. Seriously. It was disgusting.

Was being the key word here.

As they have graciously offered to rent the house to us (once it's back in livable condition), we are taking full advantage of the fact that the house needs major renovations. Which sounds insane to probably everyone but the parallel, I know, but it's so awesome to get to pick paint samples and flooring, fixtures and handles. And help make them into something awesome. (I'm a control freak and a designer, I can't help it.)

So. After 17 hours of painting over the past two days, my hands are blistered and swollen, my back aches, my legs hurt from climbing up and down ladders, and my brain is trying to process doing it all over again after work tomorrow. And every weekend in the foreseeable future.

The house will be move-in-ready (new paint, appliances, new flooring and windows throughout) in a couple weeks, but once we're in we'll be working on details and the backyard (and awesome patio!) for who knows how long...exciting and frightening and so many other things...

Get ready for photos. It's not food, but it's something we're making from scratch (sorta), and it's gonna be awesome.


-posted out of laziness from my iPhone.

2 comments:

  1. Well I hope everything goes well, sounds like you guys have your hands full! I recently went through the same thing with my fathers house that I have been renting out. The 'tenants' recently abandoned the house leaving it completely trashed. I went down there to access the damage and found a squatter living there, UNBELIEVABLE. Needless to say it has been nothing but a headache, but finally last weekend I got it re-rented to 'NON_CRACK HEAD' renters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... fun stuff!

    Good luck with all that painting! I seriously think it's only something you can do once... or maybe twice :) After I painted our whole house I swore I'd never do it again, lol.

    I can't wait to see pics :)

    ReplyDelete