Friday, May 14, 2010

Daring Cook, Round 1

I mentioned that I joined the Daring Kitchen a while ago, and as we have to post on the 14th of each month, well, ta-da...Challenge One completed. Stacked Green Chile and Grilled Chicken Enchiladas.

I know Mexican enchiladas aren't exactly out of my realm of normal-ness, but I've never fire-roasted tomatillos before, so I can say with honesty that at least that part was new for me. And my house smells great, so I really have no complaints.

You can find the original recipe here. I decided to go for it and use full fat Monterey Jack...it's really not that much cheese, and I cooked the tortillas with cooking spray to save some cals (which left wiggle room for some light sour cream on top at the end)

I served with spanish rice and black beans heated with a bit of cumin, salt, and cayenne. (I made Chicken Fajita Rice a Roni. I don't recommend. I tossed mine. And I'll eat pretty much anything. Mushy and blah. Make your own or skip it for a salad.)

Anyway. Here it is. Rule one is that I have to include the following:
Our hosts this month, Barbara of Barbara Bakes and Bunnee of Anna+Food have chosen a delicious Stacked Green Chile & Grilled Chicken Enchilada recipe in celebration of Cinco de Mayo! The recipe, featuring a homemade enchilada sauce was found on www.finecooking.com and written by Robb Walsh.


And here's the official review:
Pammy: So?
Hubby: You can taste that the sauce is homemade...the tortillas are good...very good.
Pammy: So you like.
Hubby:...(pause)...I like it more than your enchilada casserole.
Pammy: (falls out of chair, needs light resuscitation)
Hubby: I know it's labor intensive...
Pammy: Sighhhh...It's not that bad.
Hubby:...then add it to the recipe box.

And there you have it.


1 comment:

  1. Yours looks way better than mine... but that's why you have the food blog :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete