Thursday, February 25, 2010

Healthy Week, day three

I was totally pissy at myself for having another FAIL day, but once I got my good girl/bad girl list down on paper, I actually feel much better. But since I'm the type to 'reward' good behavior with bad behavior, I'm gonna call yesterday a "could have been better" day.

Day 3:Yay me!
Awesome jog at the gym
Plenty of fiber (35g)
Lots of fruits and veggies
A waterfall's worth of h20
Lots of sit ups

Day 3:Damnit, Pam!
Came home from gym and immediately killed like a million chips (it's the never ending bag, I'm telling you)
Drank 2 homemade Cheladas (Coor's Light, at least)
Effing Rocky Road (Again...never ending. Hubby needs to kill it so it's gone and out of my freezer.)

Eh. Bad, not terrible. The tortilla chip addiction is seriously out of control, though. Must put bag down and step away.

I may have also been hard on myself cause dinner was not what I wanted it to be. I mean, it tasted great. But I was trying to cut cals and didn't dip my tortillas in oil, so they broke, and then didn't have enough sauce, so they got dry. And to top it all off, I didn't oil the baking pan-just didn't even think to do it-and so my dry, falling apart enchiladas stuck to the pan. Just awesome.

Sigh. At least I got to use a new ingredient, which is always fun. My old friend Sarah (the friendship is old, she is not) recommended a Vegetarian Enchilada recipe, and as I was making a grocery list, I realized one of the ingredients, Chayote, I had never even heard of. Turns out it's a squash. And is quite tasty. And I have totally seen it at the store a million times, but always assumed anything that looks like an old lady face/butt isn't anything I needed to know about. Wrong.

So anyway, the Hubby whined a bit about keeping this vegetarian, so I cooked and shredded a chicken breast and threw it in. It was a good call. I'm not putting the recipe til I get it right, but it was chicken, chayote, onion, garlic, zucchini, red bell pepper, corn, jalapenos, cilantro and cheese, all wrapped in corn tortillas and covered in salsa verde and more cheese. Quite, quite yum. Especially for only 215 cals a serving.

This was his plate.
Pammy: Ooh, how come your plate looks better than mine? I'm taking a pic of yours, don't eat yet.
Most Patient Husband ever: Ok...and it's cause mine has so much more on it.
Pammy:(looks at her two sad little enchiladas)...I think you're right.

I like small plates, ok? It makes me feel like I'm eating more. Shhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment