Monday, April 26, 2010

Daring? You have no idea.

So, I'm not a stalker...but I happened to find a childhood friend on facebook...out of sole curiosity, which unfortunately is pretty stalker-esque.

Anyway, I was surprised to learn she also writes a food blog. And as I read though it, I discovered she's part of this thing/community called The Daring Kitchen.

So, immediately losing interest in advancing my stalker status, I hopped on over to see what this business was all about.

Turns out, it's fascinating (to me, anyway). You sign up as either a 'daring cook' or a 'daring baker,' and each month they send you a recipe to try. They have a ton of rules-you have to participate a certain minimum amount, you have to post the results, and you have to do it on a certain day. If I couldn't talk about it would all be a bit too fight club for me, but blogging about it seems encouraged, so I'm in.

The parallel is also in, and we're planning on cooking on the same day (we're on a three hour time difference, so we'll see how this goes). We can't blog about it til May 14 (damn rules), so stay tuned. Don't let the anticipation kill you, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment