Thursday, November 12, 2009

Boobs and beer.

I really need to go grocery shopping.

It's much easier to cook at home when, you know, you have food to cook with. When we're this low, we usually have enough to get us through one decent pantry meal and maybe half of another...which meant we had pasta with meatballs on Monday(total pantry version...we had half a jar of marinara and no eggs, so the ground turkey fell apart and made more of a chunky meat sauce than meatballs...still good!) and chicken wings last night. From Hooters.

Oh, Hooters. I've always been a fan. And we just had one open up here in Bakersfield, so eventually it was going to happen. I've just been avoiding it, because every time anywhere new opens here in town, it's a rush to get there immediately. I feel the same way about this as I do about people having to go to the midnight showing of a new movie...it'll be there tomorrow. And will be less crowded. Seriously, it's ridiculous.

So I shouldn't have been surprised at how full the place was at 5:10pm. And I'm sitting here trying to figure out why exactly. Maybe it's as simple as the fact that the combo of boobs and beer is always entertaining, especially if you go without guys and can spend the trip watching men be disgusting. (And the girls they tend to hire...well...not the sharpest tools in the shed, so it's fun to make fun of them. I'm a terrible person.) I'm sure as a female I should be offended by all that, but really? Dudes are dudes. It's kinda how it goes. I don't have to go there.

The wings aren't great...the beer isn't cheap...and while the inevitable sausage-fest might be tempting for the single ladies, there really isn't much to offer K and I. But we went anyway, more out of boredom than anything else. The poor husband had to miss out so he could finish a paper, but I brought him home food. (I don't recommend luke-warm Hooters fries, just in case anyone is considering doing the same.)

That said...we were still super fatkids. Ridiculous.
Yes, those would be bones. Lots of them. Last night it was impressive...today it's just kinda sad. Wow. And of course I eat like this during a week I can't work out, cause I'm brilliant like that. This foot needs to heal, damnit. I'm craving some exercise. And some real food. Tonight, it's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment