Monday, November 2, 2009

There's really nothing exciting about leftovers...

And our fridge is full of them.

I'm a big fan of leftovers for lunch-though that's more a money thing than anything else-but I try to avoid them for dinner...I like to cook too much. But when you get to the point where the entirety of your (massive) tupperware collection is in use, something must be done. It's my own fault...I tend to cook for 4-6 people even when it's just the two of us...which is almost always the case. We really need more friends.

So because I am incapable of leaving well enough alone, I played with leftover pot roast and ended up with this last night, which to be honest, was better than the original. All I did was add some salt and pepper, a tiny pinch of celery seed, and a handful of frozen peas. Popped it in the microwave for 3 minutes, and ta-da—it's suddenly stew..sort of. The broth just gets in the way of the good stuff anyway.


I won't be messing with the leftover pumpkin rolls. They were perfect, in my not-so-humble opinion. If there are even any left by tomorrow, that is...the husband has (unfortunately?) decided he likes them after all. Which means I may not have to wait another 3 years to make them again...

No comments:

Post a Comment