Wednesday, November 4, 2009

On a mission.

The closet is out of control. It's been in need of some serious TLC for months. The problem is that for whatever reason, I have had a problem believing I've gone from a size 16 (that still amazes me) to an 8 (even more amazing), and continue to buy clothes that are too big. So I have a closet full of brand new jeans...that are great and cute with the exception of them giving me sag-ass.

It's not a big closet, and I have to share it with the husband, so when it's got unnecessary clothing in it, it's more than a small problem. Sooo, it was time to do something about it. And apparently tonight was the night.

The other problem, however, is this is how I like to do chores. I figured cleaning out the closet with the help of a dirty martini would be one of three things: Brilliantly entertaining, brilliantly stupid, or just plain brilliant.

I don't know about you, but cocktails make everything more fun for me. And after one or two, banal activities like closet cleaning are far more enjoyable...and frankly, easier. It makes me feel less attached to 'things', so I'll toss them much more easily. Hence why this could have been stupid. Or brilliant.

Brilliant, in this case. Look how productive I was! I'm a little unnerved that I had so many dresses that had been worn exactly one time, so I'm hoping I can find someone to take them, but if not, the Northwest Bakersfield Goodwill will have some steals in the next week or so.

And this is what I do on nights I don't cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment