Wednesday, March 3, 2010

They don't call it Jewish Penicillin for nothin'

For whatever reason, I love matzo ball soup. Like, love it. I couldn't even tell you the first time I had it, but it had to be in college, cause that's the first time I got to go to a Seder or drink Manischewitz or any other Jewish awesomeness.

So when I cut the gluten, that was one thing that was miserable to give up. Which, in turn, was crappy on the hubby, cause he loves it too...and he's been hinting around how good it sounds. Grrrr. I'm such a sucker. So when he was feeling sick Monday, I figured I'd make him some.


I behaved. Mostly. I threw some roasted chicken in, which gave me something to distract me with so I didn't miss the matzo toooo much (I gave myself one ball so I wouldn't cry).

I also figured I'd just go big and make latkes to go with...mmmm. I'm not a big fan of frying, so next time I might try throwing them on the griddle. Hmm...maybe for Passover...

No comments:

Post a Comment